Name :PRCS Central Gaza Strip Branch Deir el Balah
PRCS Central Gaza Strip Branch (Deir el Balah) was established in 1995, following the return of PRCS’ leadership to Palestine, to help provide various health and social services to Palestinians in the Governorate.
• To develop and enhance health and therapeutic services and ensure their sustainability;
• To improve social and humanitarian services;
• To cooperate with health and community-based committees, enhance awareness of health education programs and support social, cultural and recreational activities;
• To enhance youth and volunteers’ commitment to PRCS and to promote the execution of its programs to serve the local community;
• To underline the role played by women alongside men to serve Palestinians and to improve their health and social conditions;
• To promote culture and safeguard heritage through theatre plays, songs and national chants;
• To strengthen partnerships and increase local and international cooperation;
• To increase awareness of psychological and social issues and how to best handle them.
Emergency Medical Services Centre
Established in 1995, this Centre provides 24/7 services to Palestinians, including car accident victims, transport of sick Palestinians to public and private hospitals, transport of Palestinians killed from Israeli border areas in cooperation with the ICRC, training volunteers through First-Aid training courses which are also open to charitable, non-governmental and governmental organizations.
Primary health Care Department
This Department provides its medical, preventive and diagnosis services to patients from the central Gaza Strip (approximately 250.000 people). It is manned by a doctor, a pharmacist, a lab technician, a nurse, an administrative employee and a psychosocial specialist and receives on average 900 patients per month.
Dr. Fathi Arafat Specialized Medical Center
Established in 2008, this center provides several medical services. To develop the center and improve its diagnosis and therapeutic services, it is in need of an x-ray section, a lab and a dental clinic. The Center receives on average 2500 cases every month.
Urology Gynecology and Obstetrics
Dermatology & Venereology Otolaryngology
Internal Medicine & Endocrinology
Psycho Social Support Department
This Department provides psychosocial support with a view to improving children’s and parents’ psychological health conditions through a series of programs and activities in coordination with local community institutions. It also aims to alleviate the psychological stress affecting EMS teams, volunteers as well as branch staff.
Youths and Volunteers Department
Since its creation, this Department has maintained ties with young generations, developing their capacities and promoting their talents in the fields of culture, education, health and sport by organizing training courses, community-based workshops and seminars, stimulating them and boosting their morale as well as disseminating the principles and goals of PRCS and the International Movement of Red Cross/Crescent Societies..
City :PRCS Central Gaza Strip Branch Deir el Balah